Friday, September 07, 2007

New Bicycle!

Just thought I'd give a little update to the nicked bicycle story,
that makes me happy. Last week, I popped to King's Street Cycles to
buy a cheap city bike to keep in London to reduce my commute a
little. And lo and behold, what did he have for sale for the princely
sum of £55 but a Raleigh Esquire identical to my stolen one! I bought
t then and there, and despite it not being in as good a condition as
my old one (the chain guard is missing, for example), it rides
beautifully, and I feel like my old friend has returned. So hooray!

I'm a simple character really!!

Oh, and just to complete the story, the cheap red 'Challenge' bike
that I was using to tide me over has been consigned to the cycle
racks in King's Cross for daily commuting (ab)use.

No comments: